dell keyboard.. help!!!

edited October 2005 in Hardware
i have a dell kayboard..and it has 3 buttons on the very very top, like where somekeyboards have a volume control. i have the unumbers 1(with a mail symbol over it) 2(with a house over it) and 3. I use to be able to know how to usthem but i fogot. I remebered that i could set it so that the 1 button turned the volume down, 2 turned it up, and 3 turned it own.
can someone please tell me how i can do this??

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    Look around for a Dell utility to map those keys to something else. With my Logitech keyboard I can choose pretty much any program I wish for each of the extra buttons.

Tell me the model # of both the keyboard and computer (assuming it's also a Dell) and I'll see if I can figure out what the software for your rig is called. :)
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited October 2005
    does your keyboard have special software for it? if so theres the solution.

:cheers:
  • edited October 2005
    ok i dont know if there is software for it.. could be.. anyways its a dell dimension 4300 compuiter, and the keyboard is this one (http://www.bbpcomputers.com/images/kbd-dellblk.jpg)
    it also has a little buttom that has a moon type thing on it. not too sure the moddel number is : SK-8100
  • edited October 2005
    and also, does anyone know the number to call for a stolen ipod. I know there is some number that if your ipod was stopen, you can call them and they can tell u where it was installed. Thank you. Or if not this, where i should be posting this quesiton, im not quite sure where... thank you.
    edited October 2005
    Looks like this is what you need:

Dell Enhanced Quietkey (PS2) SK-8100
    edited October 2005
    and also, does anyone know the number to call for a stolen ipod. I know there is some number that if your ipod was stolen, you can call them and they can tell u where it was installed. Thank you. Or if not this, where i should be posting this quesiton, im not quite sure where... thank you.
    If I had any idea I would gladly tell you. :(

Your best bet might be to start a new thread with a more descriptive title for the new problem. I'd suggest putting it in the Digital Media Forum. Good luck. :)
  • edited October 2005
    thank you soo much pplss!!
    edited October 2005
    You are quite welcome. :)