Black & White 2 question

BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseurThere's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Gaming
Is the game that graphic intensive or just plain buggy? I'm getting 3-4 FPS in some parts and the res is set to 800x600 and graphics on low. I know my computer is a wee bit outdated but not that much.

System specs:
AMD AthlonXP 2400+
768MB Kingston DDR333
ATi Radeon 9700 NP

Comments

• edited October 2005
    I was struggling on an A64 3000+ a gig of ram and a 6800GT. Some beta drivers have helped a lot but like the original this game is a bit of a resource hog.

There is a lot going on at times though so its understandable.
  • edited October 2005
    It's kinda harsh on my system as well given the specs, but I don't know if it got any better since applying the latest patch (1.1).
  • edited October 2005
    TheSmJ, I found a post on the Lionhead board talking of some beta Forceware drivers which supposedly contain a few fixes for the game. Things seem to be a little smoother but I need to start some kind of major war before I will know for sure.

Version number is 81.84 if you need to track them down, I run a 6800 GT too...
  • edited October 2005
    black and white 2 has been working fine for me but what i dont under stand is why my graphics on the custom menu are loked it wont let me change the vegatation to high and it wont let me change the see and many other things but over all the game play is fine
    radeon 9550 vguru xtreme overclocked
    768 elixer brand ram
    intel extreme 3ghz processer
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    sorbie wrote:
    black and white 2 has been working fine for me but what i dont under stand is why my graphics on the custom menu are loked it wont let me change the vegatation to high and it wont let me change the see and many other things but over all the game play is fine
    radeon 9550 vguru xtreme overclocked
    768 elixer brand ram
    intel extreme 3ghz processer
    AFAIK, the game automatically determins what your video card can actually run, but there's a config file you can edit. I had to do that so I could lower the settings and be able to play. It overestimated my card.

The file is: "x\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Data\graphics.config" ("x" being the drive and folder it's installed. If it's in the default directory, just add the "C:\Program Files"). Open it with notepad.