No!!!! headphones through the wash

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited October 2005 in Hardware
Ok, being a very smart person, I accidentally washed my headphones. I just realized it, as I am typing this. I was looking all over the house for them and then i realized, so i reached into the pocket of my shorts as i was pulling them out of the dryer, and sure enough there they were. I'm afraid to test them because they feel a bit damp, and could short out or something.

Anyway do you guys think if i let them dry for a few days, will they be fine? this happened to my brothers laptop(except it wasnt in the washer, it just got wet when our basement flooded a few years back) and we took it apart and let it dry for a day or 2 and it booted fine. I dont know, the soap and heat from the dryer may have ruined it, but o well. these are seriously brand new, like 3 days old, and i dont feel like spending another $30 for a new pair.

sorry if this is the wrong place, i saw audio so i figured why not.
:cheers:

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    Try to dry them off with a hair dryer. The longer it takes for the moisture to seep out and/or evaporate, the greater the chance of corrosion.

You could always send them to primesuspect to use with his cell phone. :vimp:
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited October 2005
    lol i remember reading that thread by prime a while ago, and i was thinking how in the world could anyone wash something like that. well, i managed to. :shakehead

haha o well, everyone makes a mistake every once in a while

edited October 2005
    I could care less about the headphones right now!!!!!! i was doing some late night websurfing and i just checked my email. I got accepted into Ohio University for computer engineering. ok well i still care about the $30 for the headphones, but i think getting accepted into college is a bit more important. so far ive been accepted to WVU, OU, and i still have yet to hear from FSU, and PSU

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited October 2005
    I washed my cell phone as well about a month or two ago. I set it out for a day, all the covers open, and it dried out. The backlight is completely dead, so its verrry hard to read anything without direct light, but it works.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2005
    tmh88 wrote:
    I could care less about the headphones right now!!!!!! i was doing some late night websurfing and i just checked my email. I got accepted into Ohio University for computer engineering. ok well i still care about the $30 for the headphones, but i think getting accepted into college is a bit more important. so far ive been accepted to WVU, OU, and i still have yet to hear from FSU, and PSU

Sorry to hear about your headphones :(

Glad to hear you got accepted! :)
    edited October 2005
    Just tested my headphones and they work fine. They dont seem as louad as they used to, but at least theys till work.