ICS Problem

edited October 2005 in Science & Tech
I'm attempting to hook ICS up between my sister's pc and mine, I've gone this route using a crossover cable and dialup and had no problems but now for some reason I can't seem to get anything to work on the client end (my pc) aside from my email program and a feeder for the dept. of homeland security in firefox.

When I open FF the little box for the DoHS shows the threat level but no sites connect and I can recieve email via OE but can't seem to send it.

I've run through the setup wizard umpteen times, nothing works. I've tried both ethernet adaptors to no avail and the network trouble-shooter shows that my connections are sound.

I'm losing my danged mind here, any ideas would be welcome even if I've tried 'em a dozen times already.

Comments

• edited October 2005
    Is it possible that your firewall has updated itself in some way and its got 'confused' about what programs can access what? I say that as it sounds like its a problem with ports or firewalls seeing as the connection is sound and in some ways it works (such as rcving email).

Failing checking/resetting the firewall, I'd start from scratch- uninstall the actual network connections that are used (both NIC's, so on both machines, and the dialup one), install them all again, and start from the top with ICS as that should make it so there isnt a setting which doesnt get reset.

Alex