DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR Expert

Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
edited October 2005 in Hardware
DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR Expert It has a software SLI switch, uses a 24pin/8pin PSU and the SLI slots are separated by two PCIe slots instead of one slot in between.

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2005
    Looks like a waterblock will be able to be easily used on the northbridge.
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited October 2005
    Do the NF4 chipsets need that much cooling?
    edited October 2005
    Well Ive seen with watercooling that the Northbridge is the hottest component on the board. I am not sure if running 300+HTT needs more cooling.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    mmonnin wrote:
    Well Ive seen with watercooling that the Northbridge is the hottest component on the board. I am not sure if running 300+HTT needs more cooling.
    Running mine at the 285 to 310 range only puts my chipset at 48C with nithing at all done to it. After removing the HS, cleaning, applying AS-5 and changing the fan speed to max constantly dropped temps to 44C at the same speeds. I have never encountered any instability or problems on any of the three I own. AS reported elswhere, just placing a fan above the chipset helps keep the temp even lower on phase-change rigs that operate even higher speeds.
    edited October 2005
    Well one of the main reasons for WCing a system is to make it quieter. And these DFI northbridge fans run at 7k RPM.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2005
    This is the best layout ever a+++++++ dfi.

Finaly someone found a perfect spot for the ram. (Its easy to place a fan on now).
    edited October 2005
    Actually this was perfect for the positioning on the current DFI boards. It hovers right above the RAM. And I just sold one.

http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/view.asp?idx=15&code=016