Someone tried to 'jack my name!!

edited October 2005 in Folding@Home
I was just perusing Stanford's site looking to see when the next update would be since I turned in a few WU's today and lo and behold someone from team 51 has been folding under guise of MadMat which is not a big deal in and of itself (except it's showing me folding for another team) but now my capitalization is changed on Stanford's site from madmat to MadMat on all my folding stats.

Silly thing to worry about but still, I just wish people would check to see if there's not already someone using a name before they just pop in and start folding under it. :wtf:

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    Usernames are case sensitive. There is a guy on Team 11108 with that name, but you've got him whipped point-wise. :D
  • edited October 2005
    On Stanford it shows all my stats as being under MadMat now and I ran for 11108 before I came so Short-Media so those are mine...so I've beaten myself ;)
    edited October 2005
    The page you want is here. It also shows you as being active and having turned in a WU for Team 93 today. :thumbsup:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Weird - it actually looks like the case sensitivity isn't working right. The stats are sort-of merging with each other. :(
    edited October 2005
    Ahhh! I was so caught up in the username stuff that I didn't pay close attention to the scores. That is truly weird. :scratch:

Straight from the horse's mouth:
    Are there any characters I should avoid in a username?

We strongly recommend to stick to just letters, numbers and underscore. Right now, we reserve the characters # ^ ~ |. # is used for firewall differentiation (see above). We want to save ^ | and ~ for other problems which might come up. Also, don't put spaces in your username; please use some character like "_" instead. Finally, please note that usernames are case sensitive, so "Dave" and "dave" and "dAVE" are all different usernames.

You might try dropping by the Folding-community.org Forum and see if there is any information that may help. If I find anything I'll be sure and let you know.
    edited October 2005
    From the third post in this thread:
    ...When you bring up your stats page, it is based only on your user name, which is not case sensitive. Since there are three users with that name, it shows you all three. If you want to show only your own stats, you can use this link, which further narrows it down with your team number as well:

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=GunSlinger&teamnum=12072
    That link was for the guy asking the question. Customizing that for yourself we get:
    http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=madmat&teamnum=93

It still stikes me as odd that they are showing a combined point total for all of you.
    :confused:

EDIT - Found this too:

http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=6413
  • edited October 2005
    My claim to fame was having a clone from the AMD Developer Center for a little while. Couple of others here and there while folding for Icrontic.

You can change the case which your username is displayed as by changing the case in the URL.