VPU fan stopping

MikeybobMikeybob Middle o' Farmer Land
edited October 2005 in Hardware
This may not be as urgent as some of the other posts but I just spent a lot of money on this new card and don't want it to fry lol.

I have an Asus X800 XT PE and mounted an Arctic Cooler onto it. When I first boot up the fan spins up fine but when I get into Windows it stops, sometimes if I wobble the wire it starts again but most of the time not.

I have just bought a new PSU (Antec True Power 2 580W) so I doubt that's the problem anymore.

My GFX card is now running on an average of 55 - 60 degrees Celcius so I can't leave it running too long, which is annoying because I need my PC for uni work.

If it's any help the fan is plugged into the GFX card not into any fan controllers.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

[edit]

OK, this may not be certain. But I think it's temperature related. I've stuck a desk fan next to the card blowing air onto it and the fan is spinning again. Last I checked anyway. This may something to do with the problem. Any ideas?

[edit #2]

Now that I said that it's proved me wrong. The fan stopped a little while ago. AC tech help isn't very useful either. The help form asks that you refer to some additional help/faq pages before posting the form but the links are broken to all of these pages.