Older Toshiba does nothing

edited October 2005 in Hardware
My mom got a new notebook a couple months ago, because her old one quit working. I now have the one that doesnt work. I dont have much clue why it doesnt work. I get nothing when its plugged in and i hit the power button, no fans, no lights, no sound. My mom said that it has a new a/c adapter, and i tested it for voltage, and it works as far as i can tell. What I did see was that i didnt get any connectivity from where the ac adaptor plugs in to where the battery is. Anything would be helpfull, I'm just hoping its not fried.
Its a Toshiba, i think the model number is 1805-s274.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    I don't know for certain about that particular model, but many laptops have problems with the internal connector for the AC power adapter cracking or breaking. At that point you can neither run off AC power nor charge the battery, leaving a situation such as you have described. You might see if you can spot any signs of breakage in that area.

Unfortunately, there are a multitude of other things which could also cause the problem. :(
  • edited October 2005
    :( very unfortunate. I guess its time to break out the little screw drivers, and take this beast apart.