Options

NEW PC wont boot

edited October 2005 in Hardware
I jsut made a pc for ym friend and when i started to boot it it would turn on then shut off everytime i tried. I checked, made sure the connections where right, cpu fan was in, etc. I then redid the wires fot he power switch reset switch etc. after redoing it it wouldnt even turn on. I even tried turning it on with out the ram, cpu, hdd, videocard and cdrom but nothing at all happened.

The green light on the mobo is on, and this time i made sure i grounded the mobo.

I did try a 120watt PSU to just power the mobo and nothing else, nothing happened. I am guessing it is the mobo or the PSU, but my mind is on the mobo. What do you guys think it is??? ahh

Comments

• edited October 2005
    bump
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    Try it outside the case. Lay the MB on a non-conductive surface. Attach nothing except the CPU & HSF, RAM, and Video Card. If it's still not working try resetting the BIOS.

Good luck.
  • rykoryko new york
    edited October 2005
    complete specs please....
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited October 2005
    aznherb36 wrote:
    ... I then redid the wires fot he power switch reset switch etc. after redoing it it wouldnt even turn on...

I also hope you undid this mod too ...
  • edited October 2005
    Asus K8N-E Delux
    gf5500 256mb
    AMD 64 3200+
    Volcano 12 Thermaltalke
    PNY Optima Memory 1GB (2x512)
    Samsung CDrom
    Aspire X-Dream case

When i say i redid the wires I mean i replugged them in just to make sure its right.

I tried a different PSu and it started then shut off like the first time i turned it on.

The PSU worked on the other PC to. So I would guess its the Mobo?
  • rykoryko new york
    edited October 2005
    complete specs mean make/model of the psu too!

i am guessing you used the 420w that came with your aspire case? and you tried a spare psu also???

you need to get a quality psu and then test everything. if it still doesn't work after you use a good psu, then you can maybe start thinking that it is the mobo. but from you description of the problem, it seems like the mobo isn't getting enough power.

try antec, ocz, enermax, etc... for high-quality psus. a good psu is going to cost you at least $75+. don't skimp on the psu, it is arguably the most important component in any system. :thumbsup: