Emergency Help , I beg you every body !!!

edited October 2005 in Hardware
Dear Users ,

I accidentaly deleted 5.5 Gb of audio files in my hard disk .
I was cheated and didnt realized what I 've done .
Next day I found what've I ve done !, but I had allready written 200 mb of new programmes in the HD !
I tried everything from Easy recovery to GetDataBack and R-Studio .
Althought the files could be recovered , but they were allready "damaged"
I am trying to save as much as possible but it seems the 200 mb destroyed the 5.5 gb of audio I 've delete by accident .
I am a musician and working with audio .

I hope someone really expert could help me with this ,
and save as much as possible data.

I really appreciate any kind of usefull help ,

your friend ,
Pavlos.

Comments

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2005
    I'm not much of an expert in the recovery field, but I know that the first thing an expert will tell you to do is stop using that hard drive.

If these files are really important, I'd strongly suggest shutting down your PC immediatly. If these files are stored on your C partition, simply using your operating system is slowly overwriting those files. The more you use your computer, the more data will be gone.

I'm hoping that someone a little more knowledgable in this area will be able to provide you with addional advice..
  • alexdcdalexdcd The United Kingdom
    edited October 2005
    Lemonlime knows best, I have dabbled in data recovery myself. All i can suggest is unplug the HDD and SAFELY transport it to another system and plug in as a slave. Then try some reputable data recovery apps, but read up on the apps first, just to make sure they dont write to the disk, only read. good luck :thumbsup: