Logitech Mice

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited October 2005 in Hardware
OK so yeah they are fan-f'n-tastic while they work, but I have had 4 or 5 Logitech Wireless Mice and EVERY single one of them have worn out within 6 months of each other. And it always has something to do with recharging.

Sure it COULD be the batteries, but this Lx700 I think it is woin't even recharge at all anymore. I don't know when it did this as I've been using a wired mouse for a while now becuase the connection was always loose or something annoying so I just gave up on it. The keyboard is still going strong after several months without new batteries though.

But why do these damnedable things do this! It's really making me rethink buying a new Logitech mouse. Maybe I'll go with MS or someone else. :(

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    mx 518 :thumbsup:
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    I won't look it up... how much is it. If you mention a good price, then I might just go for it :p
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    i got mine for under 50 its wired but the response time is unreal!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    the charger on my MX1000 just died a few weeks ago too. It's not the mouse, but the charging stand.

Luckily, Logitech is cool enough to replace it without putting up a fuss.
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited October 2005
    6 months after I purchased my MX1000 it was acting strange and still is. It scrolls up and down webpages over and over and over, making them very hard to read. I disable scrolling in all my games but is there any way to disable it in windows so I dont have to put up with that crap when viewing web pages?
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited October 2005
    I've had this mouse for about a year i think. Maybe longer, but its been great. Only costs $40 and works like a charm. I've never had any problems with it, and it runs on AA batteries so you can just toss new ones in instead of having to wait for it to charge, thats the main reason why i bought it. I know some connect to a charger or something weird like that. Anyway I'd suggest this mouse, its been reliable, and cheap.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=8464
  • edited October 2005
    Still loving my Razor Diamondback. The 2000dpi Laser Copperhead is out now too...
    edited October 2005
    I dont get the point of spending like $80 on a mouse. I play tons of games with my mouse and it works great for me and was like 1/2 the price.
  • edited October 2005
    You could say the same thing about so many computer components.
    edited October 2005
    rapture-IC wrote:
    You could say the same thing about so many computer components.

Not really because most computer components determine how fast your system runs. A mouse isnt going to make your computer run faster, but better pc parts will. There isnt much difference between say a $50 mouse and a $100 mouse other than one has like a million useless buttons. How about a motherboard or processor. An extra $50 can make a world of a difference. All a mouse does is let you navigate the system. the extra money is for is just what they call "comfort" on a hardshelled plastic device. I think my mouse is comfortable and i spent like $35 on it. wireless, great for everything, including gaming. i dont understand why they consider certain mice gaming. I had a logitech gaming one, i forget hte model, but i regretfully spent $75 and i realized that it wasnt worht it at all, so i returned it. No mouse in the world is worth $80 unless it is made out of gold or something. well actually it would be cool to have an lcd on it or something, but thats besides point.
  • edited October 2005
    I cant speak for Logitech mice because I've never owned them. Never liked to use them really. The mouse I have now was the first 1600dpi optical mouse to reach retail and is the nicest mouse I have ever used. The responce, sensitivity and precision are second to no mouse I have used before.

Combine that with a comfortable, fast moving mouse with an on the fly sensitivity changer and you have quite a decent mouse.

Its a LOT more than a plastic shell but until you try one out yourself you probably wont believe it.

I'm very happy with my purchase and unless something amazing comes along the next mouse I buy will be made by Razor too. Would have to be wired though, wouldnt like to use a wireless mouse for everyday use.

I dont mind spending a little more on something I want. If the quality is there and I like the product its well worth it.

One more thing, what would an LCD on the back of a mouse do for you?
    edited October 2005
    rapture-IC wrote:
    One more thing, what would an LCD on the back of a mouse do for you?

lol I was just kidding. anyway im not trying to pick a fight, sorry if i made it out to be like that.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    It WOULD be cool to have an LCD on it! :thumbsup:

Dunno what for... but I am sure someone can think of something :D
  • edited October 2005
    Dont mind me, 2 months of unemployment made me start to care about things that I would just normally ignore, or more likely not even see in the first place!

New job today though, give me a week and I will be back to normal :)
  • alexdcdalexdcd The United Kingdom
    edited October 2005
    I prefer wireless mice over wired any day, and i own a few. Both my rechargaeble and disposable bettery powered units work fine at my wood/mdf desk with plenty of other peripherals lying around with good response times, but when i use them at my dad's desk which is made of what can only described as colander type metal that is steel, the range and run time is pathetic. This may be the same problem you are having. always good to check up on operating parameters and keep the receiver away (at least 5 feet) from any high EMf output devices such as a CRT monitor. Hope this response helps? :thumbsup: PS: i purchased a wireless keyboard and mouse combo for £20 or $35. It performs amazingly and i wouldnt mind if either got ruined. The keyboard has had the same batteries as it came with and the i use high power rechargeable batteries which work for about a month at a time. The keyboard is awesome as well because it has a desktop key layout with media and volume keys and laptop style keys so the unit is very thin and tactile.