Networking and Communications

gtghmgtghm New
edited October 2005 in Science & Tech
Ok so I have reciently aquired a few new electronics that have bluetooh and wireless abilities but I'm not sure if they will do everything that I think they should do.

I have my Laptop, had it for a little over a year, but I got a Palm Tungsten E2 with Bluetooth and a Motorola V3 cell plus my Toyota Pruis has built in Bluetooth and I have a bluetooth wireless head phone... I have a Bluetooth wireless USB thingy for my laptop.

Thing is I'm not sure what will do what...

I can connect my Palm to my laptop but only by hotsink. If I try to sent up a bluetooth connection to my laptop on my Palm it will not see it, even though I it up as a trusetd device.

I can't get the Palm and my phone to connect but it will find it as an audio device but not as a gsm phone.

I can get my cell to see the laptop and vice-a-versa but I can't make the do anything unsless I use a program like mobile phone tools and I while I can connect my mobile phone to my car it is supposed to support the import of an address/phone book and I can't figure out how to get the phone book from my phone to the phone book in my car.

Plus I have a bluetooth wireless headphone thing and I'm wondering if they only work with a phone or if it will work as a head/ear phone for a comupter that has a bluetooth connection?

Thanks for the help and clearifications...

"g"

Comments

• gtghmgtghm New
    edited October 2005
    Oh yea, on my palm with bluetooth shouldn't I be able to connect from the palm to my laptop using my bluetooth wureless USB thing and then be able to browse the web from my palm via the wireless connection on the laptop?

"g"
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Greg,

Read this : http://www.palowireless.com/infotooth/tutorial/profiles.asp

That will explain alot of why you having a voyage of discovery with bluetooth :)

Il try and put a more concise answer in but Im just out the door on the way to work!
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited October 2005
    Thanks for the link, little over my head tough. LOL

if you could put it more in laymans terms that would be great.

"g"