cpu low voltage symptoms?

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited October 2005 in Hardware
Hey I'm going to OC my brothers amd 64 3200+ a little from 2.2ghz to maybe 2.3 or 2.35 (no watercooling, just air). I know enough about overclocking that i can do it, but im no expert at it. I'm just wondering, but what are some symptoms if you the cpu isnt getting high enough voltage? will it just freeze, crash, or bsod?

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited October 2005
    It fails prime 95.

Bsods and hanging are usealy caused by a bad overclock on the ram.(If your getting that from a cpu overclock you must have the voltage on 0.8V ;D).
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited October 2005
    no its running fine, i was just wondering what the symptoms were just in case it happened. Its running 2.4 ghz at 39*C

my other 64 3200+ 939 is clocked also at 2.4 running about the same temp.

:cheers:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    If it is a Venice core, there is a real good chance you will get it up to 2.6 w/ stock heatsink and possibly stock voltage or just a slight bump in voltage.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited October 2005
    I dont know if I really want to push my processor. I am going to college next fall (06) and I will be getting a new laptop. Freshman year im just going to bring my laptop to see how everything works out, and sophmore year since I will probably be living in an apartment rather than a dorm, I'm considering bringing this pc with me. That way i can bring my laptop wherever, and then have a decently powerful desktop for gaming and whatever else. i think ill just keep it at 2.4ghz for now. running stable at 39*C WHILE folding!

:cheers: