cm stacker differences?

rykoryko new york
edited October 2005 in Hardware
can someone enlighten me as to the key differences between the 2 different models of cm stackers available on the egg? what should i go for---the original or the 810?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119039

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119093

Comments

• rykoryko new york
    edited October 2005
    ok, after some searching...

original = 2 psu slots, 1 x 120mm rear exhaust, spot for crossflow fan...

810 = 1 psu slot, 2 x 120mm rear exhaust, no crossflow support...

any recomendations as to which one? i am leaning towards the 810, b/c i only need 1 psu and i like the 2 rear 120mm's...

is the crossflow fan that big of a deal?
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2005
    Hmm that means you would have to put the PSU at the bottom then?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    get the 810, they just refined the stacker. they figured wtf did we put 2 psu spots in this thing for..., they figured why waist material for the crossflow fan spot when like 2 out of everyone who owns a stacker actually bought one. and they made it easier to mount btx motherboards.
    mmonnin wrote:
    Hmm that means you would have to put the PSU at the bottom then?
    they just noticed that 90% of ppl that post pics of their stackers have the psu mounted on the bottom i guess, and since heat rises 2 120s on the top is pullen out more of that risen heat than the psu and one 120

on anouther note, the stacker 830 is commen out. if you dont mind spended an extra 80 bucks i would wait for that.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited October 2005
    I dont know if I would want it at the bottom. I would rather have 2 80mm fans side by side above the PSU than have to run my PSU cables across my motherboard since the ideal placement is along the front edge closer to the top.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    i had it at the top once and bottom once and didnt notice any difference it how i wired it because i have always ran wires behind the mobo and out to were they need to go. i found it easier to do with it on the bottom though. i dunno i guess its a opinion thing, but still i can see why they took the top psu slot out because of how many ppl mount it on the bottom anyways.