Reasons to be folding, should it be a sticky?

CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
edited October 2005 in Folding@Home
This is a tough one for me.
I've been folding for some years now and the reality has come about for me with the passing of an old friend Jan Harper who has finally died as the result of Huntingdon's disease. Should we have a sticky to record such passings?

Anyway, I've known Jan since we were 14 ( I'm now 54) and she was always a dizzy blonde and very desireable. I never got to know her intemately, but you know how it is when you have a gang of friends.
She eventually married to another bloke and I married Mrs. Crypto, thanks be for that.
Jan had 4 boys, but over the years, her dizziness got more pronounced until eventually it was found that she had Huntingdon's disease. This is a neurollogical problem that advances until death.

Her s**T bag husband couldn't cope and divorced her and for the last 15 years she has been cared for by her ageing parents who are now in their mid seventies.

Mrs.Crypto has stayed with her even though Jan has been unable to communicate for the last 10 years and has been fed by a tube for at least the last 5 years.

Jan has now died with mixed emotions from us all

I have been going through her will as Mrs Crypto and I are the executors.

Just at this time, I have been given the honour of taking on SM7 , formerly Icrontic7 and I'm in a bit of a tizz.

The funeral is on Thursday and I'm trying to get the time off work. Two finance meetings which HAVE to be attended. I'l throw a sickie if necessary B******s.

Sorry for the rant.....too much red wine.

Fold on chaps, I hope that few of you experience this situation.
Sorry about the ramble

Crypto :(

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Sorry to hear about the loss of an old friend. While knowing Jan for 40 years, I'm sure you have grown to understand how Jan impacted your life and the lives of those around her. She brought 4 boys into this world and I am certain that they will never forget their mother. While disease and age eventually take us all, the loss is never without sorrow. Know that we will all be in a better place and that Jan's 15+ year battle with this illness has ended.

I will add a prayer for her safe travel, one to her family, and one prayer to you in this time of sadness. Take care Crypto...

-Q
  • Yui-IkariYui-Ikari edmonton
    edited October 2005
    Sorry about the lost of ur friend :/
    I'll add a prayer to her family and you..
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited October 2005
    There is no easy way to get through the initial feelings of sadness at the loss of a friend. It sounds like you were very lucky to have had her in your life for as long as you did, though that time was way too short.

She was lucky to have had you and your wife, along with her parents. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    My condolonces.