Motherboard is beeping

edited October 2005 in Hardware
Somehow after I replace the IDE cable my computer starts beeping. I disconnect everything including all the hard drives, CD-ROM, PCI cards, keyboard, mouse, monitor cable, and RAM memory except the CPU and the computer still beep. When push the power button, the computer will beep for 7 seconds and pause for 4 seconds and then repeat all over again. Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    What BIOS (company)?
  • edited October 2005
    According to the motherboard manual, it showed Award Software. I even tried reseting the CMOS and still the beeping occurs and nothing on screen.
  • edited October 2005
    According to the Award beeping code, it seems to be a RAM problem but here's what I don't understand. I even took all the RAM out and still the motherboard beep. My understanding is that once you took the RAM out, nothing will work including any beep.
  • edited October 2005
    Sounds like a memory beep code to me. Maybe you unseated the ram slightly when replacing the IDE cable. Try pulling the ram out of it's slots and carefully reseating it back.
  • edited October 2005
    Many thanks for all your help. I got the problem fix...I hope. I reseat RAM module to a different slot and it seems to work for now.