My little beast

GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
edited October 2005 in Hardware
I know im like 4 month too late but some says we can never be too late... It's been 4 month since i got my hands on my new computer and i finaly found someone to take pictures of it... It's a air-cooled 4000+ and i think i've done what it need to take full advantage of the unbelievable Lian li v2000 case. This is the better case i've put my eyes on !

Here are the link to the list of pictures i have take :

http://photobucket.com/albums/d164/zheos/Computer/

There's one thing that this case help me to do, and quite easily... I put a fan that throw air directly over the motherboard chipset (DFI chipset run damn hot without that) I fixed it to the aluminium bar with 2 tie-wrap and it's like it was made to be that way :thumbsup: Here's the picture

FanOnChipSet.png

I got a >10C drop with this simple upgrade.

For this fan i used the same as the on i have use on my heatsink, a high speed panaflow 92mm. Those fans are quite silent for the amount of air they take away :cool: The other one is a Nexus Stealth that i've put in front of the PSU is 'glue' to the board with a paste that can be remove if needed heh. The nexus assure some air flow to the second ram stick as he is a little outside the range out the heatsink. The inside of my case is not that 'cool' but it's pretty damn performant for air-cooling as you'll see on the performance picture. I got idle 27-29 C for the cpu, it does not go over 32C at full load ! And the chipset temp never go over 40C.

My computer is overclock a little but i've not push it to the maximum it can give me since i don't see the need to overclock if the gain in performance can't be notice without benchmark... But as soon as game will begin to ask more of my new puppet i'll push it harder as im sure it'll give some more juice. :D

Thankx a lot to the people around here who help me a lot to build this system, im compleltly satisfied with it :D

Post comments or idea if you want :)