Help With ATI 800X GTO

edited October 2005 in Hardware
I posted in the emergency forum but just in case a video expert can chek this out have a look, this a problem I been having:

I don’t know if is the card or any other component in my pc but here is my problem. I have a connect3D 3038 Radeon X800GTO 256MB and after playing a few hour of a black and white 2 at max res. I lose the video signal, I know this pc keeps on working because I can use the shortcuts to save and close the game and safely turn off the pc. Now my friends told me the problems maybe either the card is not getting enough power or is getting overheated and shuts off. So now the card has its own power cord nothing else connected with it and the side fan throws the air right at it, and the thing keeps on happening. Any one has any idea what's the matter with my machine. Just in case is not the card here are some of my spec:

Aspire X-Dreamer Case
ASUS P5LD2 Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz Processor
1Gb (2x512 Mb) Corsair DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Memory
ASPIRE ATX-CW500WP4 500W PSU
connect3D ATI Radeon X800GTO 256MB Video Card

the rest I don’t think they matter. I don’t know what is causing the problem and I rather fix it myself than return the card. The problem only happened while playing B&W 2 it hasn't happened any other time.

The thread is this one http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38679
Any help would do tomorrow first thing in the morning Im calling ATI for an RMA but I can try anything else before to solve the problem

also this is the lates message I found