Check out my Speed

maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
edited October 2005 in Science & Tech
Just upgraded from 5Mbps to 15Mbps download and 768Kbps to 2Mbps upload. This is awesome and it only cost me $10 more a month.

Comments

• RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited October 2005
    Who through?
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited October 2005
    Holy effing crap! :eek:

Wish I didn't live in the middle of nowhere. I feel incredibly lucky just to have the 4mb cable here.
  • edited October 2005
    I think it's Verizon's new Fiber optic internet access. I heard about it...runs I think $45/month.

EDIT: Link added. Here it is: http://www22.verizon.com/FiosForHome/channels/Fios/HighSpeedInternetForHome.asp
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited October 2005
    I only have 2MB :bawling:
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited October 2005
    OMG thats awesome, but why on earth would you need that much??? I'm very jealous.. for $45/month around here, you just get RoadRunner cable (5mb or so down)
  • SpywareShooterSpywareShooter 127.0.0.1
    edited October 2005
    Ah... lucky. I've got 6mbps down and 384kbps up (which works out to 768k down 48k up) and it sucks. It's like the best we get out here too. I can't upload something and be on AIM at the same time or AIM will freeze. Verizon doesn't even go out this far into the woods.
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited October 2005
    It's through Cox Cable in Virginia and it's only $55/month. Man i am loving the speed increase. Helps out alot in WOW also. If anyone plays wow, they know that Ironforge can be quiet laggy sometimes. Now it's like a walk in the park.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited October 2005
    Wow thats awesome. You've got the upstream of a dedicated T1! That would be awesome for hosting servers (assuming your ISP allows that)

I'm still on 3Mbit/384Kbit cable, but there are now 5Mbit/768Kbit services in Canada. 3Mbit downstream is plenty, but I'd love to have more than 384Kbps upstream.