Blue Screen when turn pc on

edited November 2005 in Hardware
When I go to boot up I get a screen that says. We apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this. If your computer stopped responding. restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files or folders, Choose last known configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked. If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a failure or because the Power or reset button was pressed, or if you arent sure what caused the problem, choose start windows normally.
Safe Mode
Safe Mode With Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Last Known Configuration (your most recent setting that worked)
Start windows normally

Ive tried all of these. When I try any of them a blue screen come up and it says.
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
If this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer if this screen appears again follow these steps check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed if this a new installation ask your hardware or software manurfacture for any windows updates you might need if problems continue. Disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F8 to select advance startup options and then select safe mode
Technical information
***Stop: 0X000000ED (0X812948F0, 0XC0000032, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Ive tried all what it told me to and I still get the same screen.

Comments

• QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited November 2005
    Hi Shannon,

First af all- thank you for giving us more detail. It helps a lot! :D

What your error code indicates is that you have an improper connection/BIOS setting or a damaged file system. That being said, I'd like to ask a few questions and offer possible remedies:

1. Have you changed or done anything to your PC recently? You should go into your PC and check to make sure all your drive cables are well connected and undamaged. You might want to check the BIOS and make certain that your settings are proper for you Hard Drive.

2. More likely (from the error code) something jumped your file system and damaged it. You should still be able to boot from your installation CD and get into the
    Recovery Console
    and run chkdsk /r. which will fix any damaged sectors.

If chkdsk does not turn up anything, post back with your PC model or motherboard make, hard drive set up, memory- whatever you can tell us about the PC.

This problem is identified by Microsoft Here . However, it may not have the whole picture. Please post back the result of chkdsk.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup: