EM3 update faster?

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited November 2005 in Folding@Home
Hi all,
Sometimes my second PC will run a 600 pointer without SSE and it doubles the time taken, this is usually because of 'improper shutdown' even though the PC is never off. It's not a problem, a quick reboot sorts it out, then I check EM3 to verify SSE is being used but it takes EM3 hours to update the log. Is there a way to get it to update the log?
I have just rebooted PC2 and the last entry in PC2s log is from 22.55 last night, it is now 07.50!

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    I've noticed that also. I have a workaround that I use and I don't know why it works.
    I run a vbs script to retrieve my stats and then I run em3 stats and it gets the info in a split second.
    If you want the script I can post it here and you can use it until we figure out the problem.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Please post... I would be interested also!!!
    edited November 2005
    okie doke.
    You'll have to wait 6 or 7 hours til I get it from home this evening. :p
    edited November 2005
    ok I'm at home now.
    Here is a link to the script I use. They are zipped so you have to unzip them and edit them. One is for team stats and one is for user stats.

One word of caution. If by any chance you want to set this in windows scheduler do not set it any more frequent than 3 hour intervals. Any less than that is a waste since the stats only get updated that often anyway. If you hit the stats server too hard you can bring it down and actually get banned from receiving stats at all.
    Just in case you use the scheduler.

Here's the link if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

http://www.coolmon.org/extensions/extension.php?id=42

You need to edit the beginning of the file ...here is what it looks like:

'**********************************************************************
    ' Script to extract F@H user statistics from the Stanford folding site
    '
    ' Output Format:
    ' 1. F@H username
    ' 2. date of last Work Unit
    ' 3. total score
    ' 4. overall rank
    ' 5. number of active processors (within 7 days)
    ' 6. name of team the user has contributed to
    ' 7. score
    ' 8. donator rank
    ' 9. rank within team (may be disabled)
    ' 10. Work Unit count
    ' 11. date of last Work Unit
    ' 12. number of active processors (within 7 days)
    ' 13. * repeat info from 6-12 for each additional team the user has contributed to

' Set the path and name of the output text file
    Path = "fahuser.txt"

' Set the Folding@Home user to be queried
    FoldingUser = "username"

' Enable (set to "True") or disable (set to "False") rank within team info
    ' Note: for larger teams (500+ members), the execution time of the script
    ' will noticeably increase when this feature is enabled.
    EnableTeamRank = True

' DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2005
    Cheers csimon but that's not what I meant. I can get my stats from Stanford anytime. I mean if I look at my folding log for PC2 in EM3 it is hours behind.
    This screeny was taken at 9am but the log only goes to 21.00 last night.
    fold.jpg 104.8K
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited November 2005
    Bothered,

a really stupid suggestion from me, :p
    ...you have checked you PC clock haven't you. :D

Crypto
    edited November 2005
    Oooooooooooh ...I thought you meant that it takes EM3 forever to update your points sorry.

Reminds me of the talk show where the host asked the audience if anyone had ever slept with a ghost and one guy in the back raises his hand. The host runs over to the audience member and inquires "so sir you say you've slept with a ghost"???

The audience member humbly replies "oh, I thought you said a goat"! ;D

So anyway ...good luck. :scratch:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2005
    The hours in the log file are the server hours, the minutes machine the system time. My hours are off my 3 hours since its west coase and I am east coast. Across the pond is 5-6 hours off from EST depending on DST, so 9 hours is correct.
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited November 2005
    mmonnin wrote:
    The hours in the log file are the server hours, the minutes machine the system time. My hours are off my 3 hours since its west coase and I am east coast. Across the pond is 5-6 hours off from EST depending on DST, so 9 hours is correct.

Far be it for me to disagree, but I've just checked my log and the last entry was just about ten minutes ago from my PC clock. :confused:

Bothered, when I checked mine, I right click the red cog in the system tray and select "configure" then "view log file". I'm not using EM to check. Maybe the difference is there?

Crypto :)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited November 2005
    Nope, my system clock is the same as my FAH clients or my clock is exactly the same as Stanfords to the second.

I just watched a frame pass and it passed at 12:02:01 and it was 12:01 right before that on my system clock. By the time I looked back at the system clock it was 12:02, not more than a few seconds later.