F@H prob

edited November 2005 in Folding@Home
I fold with my AMD 3200+ and lately it hasnt been turning in any wu. I went in to the status to check it out and i showed that it tried to send the wu 7 times and then it stopped. im not always connected to the internet so im used to it sayin that it tried but failed. it usually just sends the wu when i get on the internet the next time nomatter how many tries its done before. any suggestions or other questions?

bikerboy

Comments

• ShalimarShalimar Touching the Stars
    edited November 2005
    Assuming you are running it as a sevice, then stop the service in Administrative tools, Sevices etc. Then restart the service "seems to do the trick, make sure you are online when doing it"...

I have had this happen to me heaps of times and doing this usualy solves the problem. :)
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    you could manually ask to send the wu but if the receiving server is down it won't send anyway. This way you won't have to interupt the folding unit under current process.
    All you have to do is make a shortcut and add the flag "-send all" at the end.

something like this D:\f@h\FAH504-Console.exe -send all[\b]
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited November 2005
    A good deal of the ones from my xeon have been doing the same thing :(.
    edited November 2005
    GrayFox wrote:
    A good deal of the ones from my xeon have been doing the same thing :(.

Are you having the same problem trying to receive WU's as well?

Later
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited November 2005
    Nope there all getting there :).
    edited November 2005
    GrayFox wrote:
    Nope there all getting there :).

Then i would be trying what csimon suggests and use the -send all switch/flag etc.

Look at the send all shortcut in his post and do the same thing, failing that then there may be a server problem @ stanfords end or a problem at your end.

See how you go huh.

Later
  • edited November 2005
    thanx guys it worked fopr now anyway.

bikerboy