Administrator Password

edited November 2005 in Hardware
Hi, i'm atempting to access recovery console, and it is asking for administrator password. It seems to be different to the one i use to log into windows. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Which OS?
    Are you sure that it isn't blank?
    There is a crack for 2000. I am not sure about XP.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    like ed said try leaving it blank and see what you get.
  • edited November 2005
    OS is XP pro. Left it blank, pressed enter. Incorrect password, please re-type password(words to that effect) appear. Is it a password i've set up when instaling windows? If so I don't remember. I know how to by-pass the loggin password, but it doesn't work on the admin. password, i thought they were the same?
    I forgot to say i'm on a laptop, does that make any difference?
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Odds are you are logging onto an account that is not the Administrator account. Your account may have full rights but not the actual administrator account. PM me and I'll give you detailed directions to fix this problem.

Side not... We, Short-Media, do not endorse the use of "Cracks", "Hacks" and other "questionable"/ "Nefarious" activities. "OK".... Oh, and I just found these ==> """
    You can use them "all" over.... {SEE Friends Episode with Joey's misuse of the "Quotes" hand symbol...} ;D
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    well, hacking and cracking are two different things...look into it qch2002
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    well, hacking and cracking are two different things...look into it qch2002
    Dooly noted... My work (federal government)... we don't like the to hear admins saying "Administrator Password Crack tool"... we call it "Administrator Reset Tool".... That's it...

As for Hacking, well... that's been discussed before and is fine but we try to stay out of the hacking business... Just trying to avoid going down that road. ;)
  • DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
    edited November 2005
    BTW, I know from experience that there is an "Administrator password reset tool" for Win XP pro. Do a google search and you'll find it. :)
  • edited November 2005
    :) Cheers folks problem sorted, thnks for your help.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2005
    nick1 wrote:
    :) Cheers folks problem sorted, thnks for your help.
    Just curious, but how did you fix it? :)
  • edited November 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Just curious, but how did you fix it? :)

Clicked on run typed in "control userpasswords2" then clicked reset admin. password!