Where to buy good used monitor?

edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
edited November 2005 in Trading Post
Is Merkor Tech out of biz? The site hasn't been updated in ages and I get no answer to email or phone.
Where else can I go an buy good used CRT's?
I have the space and I love the crispness.
I also like buying a monitor for $200 that went for $1,000 a couple of years ago.

Comments

• zero-counterzero-counter Linux Lubber San Antonio Member
    edited November 2005
    There is a goodwill computer store here in San Antonio selling 17s for $25 and 19s for $50. Check your area for anything similar.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited November 2005
    Check local businesses also. I got my first 15" Dell CRT from my mom's old work. They had about 10 to give away and I just picked what I wanted. My current one, very nice, was my dad's old work monitor :)
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    I am looking for two matched 21" or 22" flat CRT's.
    I am not going to hunt ebay for these.
    I don't mind paying a little to make sure that they work.

Any other thoughts?
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited November 2005
    I got my Trinitron from a garage sell for $50, lol. IT worked perfectly and looks great.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited November 2005
    Yeah I think thats the best way to go for CRTs- Garage sales, businesses, etc. They work fine and people are just trying to get rid of them because they're so big.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Has anyone delt with Azatek.com ?
  • edited November 2005
    A few of us here have used merkortech.com and are very happy with them. :)
  • FreemymelodyFreemymelody On Earth
    edited November 2005
    I bought a monitor from a college I went to study for $100. The school was getting rid of the big monitors because they wanted to replace them with LCD's. I wanted to get twins..he he he but I came across a new computer store that was selling some used monitors at a cheaper price. My bro bought an lcd for himself & I bought a regular monitor for my nephew.