BEST AGP vid card

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited November 2005 in Hardware
I have a 6600GT and I will be seilling it after christmas and all, But i was wonder what will be the BEST AGP video card on the market say in JAN or FEB ???

AND then what will be the best one for the price?

Comments

• QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited November 2005
    It would require switching camps but

ATI X850XT PE

You will also probably do very well $-wise on E-Bay right now.

:thumbsup:
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    i dont know, i like my 6800 gt oc'd to a lil over ultra specs.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited November 2005
    Qeldroma wrote:
    This is the only Buy It Now item for cheaper than the Newegg one.

If I were you... I'd probably either get one from a trusted member on SM or buy retail (ie Newegg).
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    yea i am thinking in jan to feb that card will drop quite a bit in price too. I dont see why they are not makin nvidia 7800 in agp i mean there are plenty of great machines out there with agp. For christ sake iam running a 3800 + X2 on an asus 939 board that has agp
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited November 2005
    This is the only Buy It Now item for cheaper than the Newegg one.

If I were you... I'd probably either get one from a trusted member on SM or buy retail (ie Newegg).

If you don't restrict it to just one maker, mint condition and are willing to bid you can do much better on just about any

ATI X850XT PE at EBay like this one. There are quite a few listed and you can check on maker quality by doing a Google search.
    edited November 2005
    oh dont take this wrong but I wont buy something THAT expensive off someone I cant trust. I dont know how its been handled. I will eitehr buy it New or from someone here I know and trust
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited November 2005
    oh dont take this wrong but I wont buy something THAT expensive off someone I cant trust. I dont know how its been handled. I will eitehr buy it New or from someone here I know and trust
    EXACTLY what I was thinking. I wouldn't gamble with that much money no matter how good their feedback is. I lost $98 one time to a fraudulent seller of XP Home OEM, and I vow never to let that happen again.

Qeldroma - I agree, but usually things like that will jump up dramatically in price right towards the end. You'll notice that the auctions with less than a day left are already up in the high 200s or low 300s. The ones with more than one day, like the one you linked, are still relatively low.
  • edited November 2005
    For the max performance vid card for AGP, either the GeForce 6800 Ultra or X800XT-PE or X850XT-PE gpu's are the highest end choices there are. If you look around and are patient and keep your money handy so you can jump on it right away, you can find occasional deals. That's how I got my X800XT-PE from ZZF for $229.00 about 3 months ago. There's no real practical performance difference between the X800XT-PE and X850XT-PE as far as I know.
    edited November 2005
    Ill haveta check it out when the time comes, I am just starting to research ahead of time, Since this is my only allowed upgrade for the next year
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited November 2005
    Qeldroma wrote:
    It would require switching camps but

ATI X850XT PE

:thumbsup:
    I'm with Qeldroma on this one....
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited November 2005
    A 6800GT or ultra. You will be very pleased..... :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    edited November 2005
    I had a 6800Gt wasnt to pleased I believe i sold it to Flinstone
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited November 2005
    You must be a hard man to please, or had a bad card. I will take my 6800Gt over any ati card out there. What was wrong with your 6800gt? Might I ask.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    I wonder if the 7800 will ever be in an AGP package.
  • edited November 2005
    Not as far as I've heard.
    edited November 2005
    The 6800GT at the time was usless, no games required the power ( last feb ) BUT at I will be looking for the BEST since Iwill have this system for a very long time
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    seems ati is releasing x1800 agp as well as pci-e in france soon.
  • Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited November 2005
    Yeah there might just be some hope left for agp users.
    http://www.techspot.com/news/19395-diamond-viper--ati-radeon-x1800-agp.html