k8t master 2

edited November 2005 in Hardware
:scratch: Hi all. I am new to short-media forums. I recently aquired a k8t master 2 dual-opteron processor motherboard and have switched it with my current motherboard. 2 things: 1) when I boot to my HD, it resets once it gets to the windows loading screen.(I'm running xp pro and I did the repair current installation because before it wasn't even getting to the loading screen) So I'm wondering if there is something I can do to get it to to boot to the OS. (Im thinking maybe something with the graphics card?) ok and 2) im looking to find the plate surrounding the ports that i need to close in the case. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited November 2005
    Dracarnion wrote:
    ok and 2) im looking to find the plate surrounding the ports that i need to close in the case. Thanks for reading.

oh are you talking about an IO Shield (below)?
    222062.jpg

They pretty much always come with the motherboard. You might try to call the place of purchase and get one. If you purchased it used, ask the seller for it. They might have left it in the case and forgotten about it.
  • edited November 2005
    Yup, thats it. Do you know if it's possible to buy one online somewhere? The seller does not have it. Thanks for your time.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited November 2005
    try MSI. They will fix you up.

Tex
  • edited November 2005
    msicomputers.com? I couldn't find it there.
    edited November 2005
    http://www.msi.com.tw/index.htm

contact tech support

Tex
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited November 2005
    If you can't find one, or don't want to pay like $9.99 + $14.95 for a new from direct from MSI, I would think you could do without it or just find another one and cut it to fit yours.
  • NightwolfNightwolf Afghanistan Member
    edited November 2005
    If you can't find one, or don't want to pay like $9.99 + $14.95 for a new from direct from MSI, I would think you could do without it or just find another one and cut it to fit yours.
    I'm with pilot, they're no big deal.
    edited November 2005

Actually I have had MSI send me free ones most the time. The two I paid for were like $5.00 but I agree they are not really needed either.

Tex
  • edited November 2005
    Thanks for the replies.. yeah I'm a perfectionist and with 2 processors I want to keep it as cool as possible in there, thus the IO shield I can afford to buy.. So umm.. :shakehead I like was moving a wire and put my finger in one of my processor fans and broke off 2 wings :( my finger's ok but the fan has 2 missing pieces. I'm gonna go to a computer store tomorrow and try to pick up a new one. In the meantime..silly questions.. its definately bad to run it without the processor fan right? or with a damaged fan it just causes a lot of vibration but would it harm it any way?
  • edited November 2005
    Do not run it with either the damaged fan or without the fan. The processor will overheat or the extreme vibration from the broken fan could possibly damage components and also could come apart, throwing debris inside your case.
  • edited November 2005
    thanks mud. do u know where i can get a new fan for this processor? Thanks