What Pentium M's Will work with this AOpen M/B??

JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
edited November 2005 in Hardware
I'm a bit of noob when it comes to all things Intel but i'm trying to spec an HTPC for a mate & want to know what cpu's will work with this board.

AOpen i915GMM-HFS Motherboard MicroATX

It say's it's S479 but all Intel Pentium M cpu's say S478

Help please.

Cheers

Jim

Comments

• dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited November 2005
    Jim, this is the mobo Sally has and hers has is a Celeron 1.3. It is along the same lines as the Aopen one.

Hope this gives you a bit more of an idea.

Jon
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited November 2005
    Hi Jon,

Many thanks for that mate, I think that clears things up a bit. Doesn't Muddoctor use these chips as well?

Regards

Jim
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Jim,

I have that board right here and all S479 goes in there. Even the Celerons. Both 400 and 533 fsb cpus works since the board have a jumper where you switch. Board clocks terrible though and have very few options. No locked busses etc.

Most expensive paperweight i have ever bought.
  • edited November 2005
    Yeah Jim, I use them. With that board, you can use either the older 400 fsb Dothan or the newer 533 fsb Sonoma procs and you can also use the Celeron M procs too. You can also use the old original Banias pentium M procs too, but they are basically the same as the Celeron M, with the same 1 MB L2 cache. You can't use any of the Pentium M processors that use the BGA bottom, just the PGA types. The BGA types are made to be soldered directly to the board on ultralight and ultra small laptops.
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited November 2005
    MackanzOCZ wrote:
    ................Most expensive paperweight i have ever bought.

Thanx for the replys guys. As this will be going in an HTPC there won't be any overclocking going on at all thankfully.

If my mate goes ahead with this would you be interested in selling it Mack??