Toshiba hard drive diagnostics?

DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
edited November 2005 in Hardware
My gf has a notebook that has a toshiba hard drive in it. I've had it fail several times on my, I know that it's the hard drive that is the problem. The service company doesn't believe me. So I want to find the manufacturers hdd diagnostic and get the error code.

Anyone know where to find it? The toshiba site is pretty useless.

Comments

• mcwcmcwc Vancouver, BC Member
    edited November 2005
    I've tried to find Toshiba's HDD diagnostic utility with no luck. I haven't emailed Toshiba but you could try that. I doubt you'll get anything back.

Try using Maxtor's PowerMax 4.09 on UBCD (http://ubcd.sourceforge.net/). A quick search on their forum said that PowerMax 4.09 will test any brand of drives. Hope that works.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Thanks, I'll give the maxtor one a try.
    I did find out that the IBM drive Fitness Test will also work on toshiba drives.
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited November 2005
    i dont know how it is for the consumer PC's but here at work they have a bios driven hdd test utility, its not that great.. it will fail soem times and pass others. also they wont replace the drive unless it failes the test for the techs at the config center so if they pass for them but are on the verge of croacking i usually get them for repairs =\