Display problem

Venz-DirgeVenz-Dirge Silicon Valley
edited November 2005 in Hardware
I had really hoped it would'nt come to this...

inspiron 1100 dell laptop, (stock)
for the most part the display is ok, I can change modes etc but it does'nt help my problem.

if i open up properties windows, like say...the configuration area for the F@H GUI program (picking an example i know some here might be familiar with) I cannot see, or access the entire window.

This is a time critical issue as i need to run a job that requires the setting of a driver that I can't see all of.
back to the F@H example in 1024x768 mode if i look at the properties in the config for the program the bottom of the window is butted right up against the bottom of the user statistics button, the right hand edge of the viewable pane cuts the "please check that the name consists of only alphanumeric char" off right wheere I ended the quote.

not critical in F@H maybe but an advanced driver I need to run a machine is all but useless...

diagnostic tools i've tried all pass everything, reinstalling the display driver did nothing to help.
I've never seen anything quite like this before, I hope I'm missing something silly.

someone make me feel stupid? please? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Venz-DirgeVenz-Dirge Silicon Valley
    edited November 2005
    OK well...XPS system into work with me it is then...I hope no one asks about the skulls :headbange
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Have you tried connecting an external monitor?
    Maybe you could get it to view correctly.
  • Venz-DirgeVenz-Dirge Silicon Valley
    edited November 2005
    no I have'nt, good idea though. although just a bit harder than hauling a laptop with a subwoofer init into the office :rolleyes: ... the way it happenes on very certain windows makes me guess i would see the same thing...

I'm thinking perhaps some property window handleing dll got corrupted or something more or less techinical like that. :wtf:

I'll have more time to mess with it after i get this job run and if it does'nt end up taking a reinstall to correct I'll update the thread.