Computer will not turn on

edited November 2005 in Hardware
Hi
I started this last week with my sons computer freezing, everything including the mouse. I had to manually shut down. After several HJT logs, it looked like the computer was clean, but I could not run Panda, or Bitdefender. It would just freeze. Now a new problem. The computer will not turn on at all. I tried another power cable, even another outlet, but nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Barbara

Comments

• Venz-DirgeVenz-Dirge Silicon Valley
    edited November 2005
    San1117 wrote:
    Hi
    I started this last week with my sons computer freezing, everything including the mouse. I had to manually shut down. After several HJT logs, it looked like the computer was clean, but I could not run Panda, or Bitdefender. It would just freeze. Now a new problem. The computer will not turn on at all. I tried another power cable, even another outlet, but nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Barbara

No fans turning? no beeps? no leds on the motherboard?
  • edited November 2005
    Nothing at all happens when you push the button to turn on the computer :mad:
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    OK, slowly here.
    No fans, not even the power supply?
    It is either the power supply that has died, or it could be the actual power switch.

Are you ready to open it up and go to work?
    Your freezing problem could have been power related.

Give us some details about the machine.
  • edited November 2005
    edcentric wrote:
    OK, slowly here.
    No fans, not even the power supply?
    It is either the power supply that has died, or it could be the actual power switch.

Are you ready to open it up and go to work?
    Your freezing problem could have been power related.

Give us some details about the machine.
    This the first day I have been able to power up the computer. It did not turn on for days. I am not sure what details you need, but it is
    Intel Pentium 3...Processer..1.00 GHZ 256 MB
    Windows XP Pro
    Service Pk 2
    Hope that helps..I got it on, but it still freezes