SM28 has been down for the last few days...

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited December 2005 in Folding@Home
...but it's back up now.

There was a bad traffic accident at the major intersection near my apartment building this weekend. A cable-bearing wooden pole was a casualty. They've been working on it for a few days, and the power has been fluctuating. My primary system is on a UPS, but SM28 is not.

I decided to leave SM28 shut down until the fluctuations stopped, and this morning they seem to be done working.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Thanks for the update, CB :)
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited November 2005
    Good to hear it's back up CB. You did the right thing.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Didn't the storms last night take down your power too? Zanthian and I were both down.

l33t wife and I ate chips and salsa by candlelight for dinner... I'm hungry!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Proly, but I wouldn't have been able to tell, since I've been going out all week.

Also, I was teaching my night class during the storm.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited November 2005
    Sounds like you took the safe route, which is a good idea. A day or two's worth of Folding points wouldn't offset a fried rig. Glad to hear they've got you back in business. :)
    edited November 2005
    Me too, although I found it funny to be playing Civ IV when every other electric device in the house was off... Normally, I wouldn't try to play through a black-out, but I knew they were only lasting several minutes at a time...
    edited November 2005
    Argh!!

**** ***** **** ** power **** again!!!
    edited November 2005
    Hey - check Microcenter. If they're having a really good deal on UPSes again, I'll chip in with you to buy SM28 a UPS. :thumbsup:
    edited December 2005
    How's the power situation lately?
    edited December 2005
    Better. It's only gone out twice since that last post...

Although, the display on the front of the box hasn't worked since the last one :( ...