cooling my 6800GT

ronboronbo Connecticut
edited November 2005 in Hardware
To bring up an old thread I started about my Leadtek 6800GT. I was worried about the GPU temps at that time. After intense gamming with HL2 or Far Cry, I noticed the GPU temps were going up to 65C . I was told that those temps were normal and not to worry. Well, one day when I has some time to play around with the computer and I went out an bought a 120mm Antec fan for the side panel of the Antec server case. I positioned it between the GPU and CPU and set it to blow in the case. I am very happy to report that NOW, after any intense gamming the GPU is only 40-41C under load and 35C at idle. That is a differance of over 20C. My GPU now runs cooler than my CPU. And the CPU never gets much over 43C.
[IMG][/img]temps3gu.jpg

Comments

• edited November 2005
    You really have your 12 volt line loaded up man

12.59 on the 12v+ ouch
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited November 2005
    Well I have a cigarette lighter in my computer too. Do you think thats whats doing it?
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited November 2005
    You really have your 12 volt line loaded up man

12.59 on the 12v+ ouch

I think you are confused. My power supply is putting out 12.59 volts. I have 5 fans and one graphics card wirh dual 12 volt rails on the power supply I do not think I am loaded up.... ;D;D
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    If you haven't modified the rails on the powersupply, the readings from Everest is definitely wrong. Do you have a multimeter ronbo?