Experts-- Build me a system!!

DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
edited November 2005 in Hardware
I have a friend that wants me to build him a computer for his business. He designs outdoor signs and will be running CorelDraw and Excel. I'm assuming he'll need a good deal of ram and a decent graphics card. He also wants a burner. So, give me some ideas!!

Thanks!

Geoff

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Budget?
    Burner - DVD or CD?

Also, assuming he's only doing 2d work (I've yet to see a 3-d sign), he could probably make do with any video card out there.
  • DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
    edited November 2005
    shwaip wrote:
    Budget?
    Burner - DVD or CD?

Also, assuming he's only doing 2d work (I've yet to see a 3-d sign), he could probably make do with any video card out there.

Budget is "as little as possible" is what he told me. I told him that doesn't give me much to work with but if I can give him an idea he can at least say too much or we can go a little more.

Also, CD burner.
  • edited November 2005
    Hi,

Todays pc are powerfull enough, and they alrady come out with descent onboard graphics.

A P4 / Celeron 2.4 should be more than enough.

Make sure you get 512Mb ram, and a 120GB hard drive for lots of space to store big drawings.

Aslo make sure that you get Win XP Home addition.

Should not be more than US$ 750 including a 17" lcd screen.

Shaun O'Reilly
    I have a friend that wants me to build him a computer for his business. He designs outdoor signs and will be running CorelDraw and Excel. I'm assuming he'll need a good deal of ram and a decent graphics card. He also wants a burner. So, give me some ideas!!

Thanks!

Geoff
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Actually...I'd suggest the system that celcho is selling in the Trading post...
    http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39503

You'd need to put in a video card, and perhaps more memory, but otherwise I'd say it fits the bill (assuming it's under budget).