All,

Have the following setup:

Athlon64 3200+
2GB DDR400 RAM
2 SATA RAID HDs in RAID0 config
Gigabyte K8N Pro mobo
ATI Radeon X700Pro 256MB vidcard
running WinXP Pro SP2

I've had this setup for over two years, no trouble till now. I used @BIOS to update the mobo BIOS from F12 to F14 (done this before with no problems) and, on reboot, everything froze right after memcheck. Tried reboot, got to SATA RAID check, then autoreboot. Tried again, got to IDE check (after RAID check), autoreboot. Tried agian, got to Windows load, then BSOD (I don't remember the exact file that cause it...something.dll...maybe videocard-related, but that's run fine for weeks). Tried again, right back to memcheck and freeze. Can't get past hat now. Can't even load CMOS. Tried flashing the battery, no go. Tried emailing Gigabyte, no go. Need some help guys. Is this fixable? Will a new mobo solve the problem? I found some similar threads, but nothing really like this.

I have a working knowledge of computers and computer hardware, but I'm no pro, so please no talk of jumpers or anything, cause I'll probably not know. Any help is appreciated, so thanks in advance.

Comments

• QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited November 2005
    Art,

Are your fans coming on at all and staying on?

My thought was if you got a spare power supply lying around or know of someone who does, give it a try. Be sure to use one of equal or greater rating- especially on the 12V rail.
  • CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited November 2005
    Have you tried clearing the CMOS, several times?
    Like in this thread ?

Crypto :)
  • edited November 2005
    I response to both Crypto and Qeldroma:

Yes, all the fans are on and running well. I forgot to include in my original post I have a 525W power supply so no worries there. I did try clearing CMOS a few times (five or six I thinK).

Thanks for the reply guys, but I've already opted out of this system. Replacing the mobo, selling the video card and moving on. Things are cheap now anyway :) Again, thanks.