Need For Speed Underground 2 Controller Help

edited August 2010 in Science & Tech
This problem is driving me insane. Ok I installed NFSU2 recently, and my USB controller will not work with it. I've tried everything, DirectX, Updated drivers etc and it won't work. Basically what happens is when I try to configure any options I can't, the up arrow in all the selection areas is spammed to the top (IE: If I try to move down to say the 4th selection it is just forced back to the top). The controller works on my Laptop with NFSU2 and on my wifes computer with the game. I can't figure out why it won't work on mine. Game updates don't work, and the thing is the controller works with Need for Speed Most Wanted and other EA Games on this comp. I've try un-installing and re-installing 3 times. Any Ideas what to try? The controller is a cheapy Wal-Mart Gemini GGE900. I've tried basiclly all the drivers out there and the damn thing still won't work in NFSU2. Any Ideas???

Comments

• kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    had the same problem when i used my xbox controller on my pc, it worked in every game i tried, but in NFS:U it would just cycle through the menu options endlessly. ended up not using it on that game cause i couldn't figure out why it did that.
  • edited November 2005
    I really want to figure this out, the stange part is I'm sure I've played NFSU2 on this comp with the controller before. I had to reinstall windows recently and I don't know what's different
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Same thing happened to me, I couldn't figure it out. Fifa 2006's demo reacted the same way. If you find a fix I'd be grateful, but I came up short. :(
  • edited August 2010
    a solution to this problem would be great. i also have the problem, on need for speed underground 2. and also, i did manage to get it working once. i think it was when i used libusb, but since i have 64 bit, its incredibly hard to get it working. now that i use motionjoy, i get this scrolling up thing.
    ive searched all over the internet and this was the only place where i found others had the problem i do. so please, someone solve this!!