Help in looking for a PDA

QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
edited November 2005 in Hardware
Okay, I'm trying to help my wife with replacing her PDA. She had an ancient Palm One that gave it up a while back and misses it. Unfortunately, at this time, I have zippo experience with them. I tend to run and do the research, but in the long run it's the people who have put the mileage on with them that have the most to say and the tech has changed a lot since 2001.

I'd like to ask those who know something about them about what I should look for, what you like best about them and "if you had to do it over again I would get ...". I'm thinking the $300-$400 USD street price range- but if you think this is a crazy price or there is something critical/cool she should have, don't be shy and let me know that too (I'm not a stranger to E-Bay).

I've seen that this has been discussed before- but it's been a while and I'd like to see "what's new".

Thanks,

Qel

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    I'd get a Dell.

Sad, I know, but some of them are pretty feature-rich for your dollar.

Then again, I scrapped every single PDA I've ever had in favor of good old-fashioned paper and pen. But if she's used to using one already, might as well get something with all the blueteeth and wifis.
  • QeldromaQeldroma Arid ZoneAh Member
    edited November 2005
    GHoosdum wrote:
    .... Then again, I scrapped every single PDA I've ever had in favor of good old-fashioned paper and pen....

Haha!- Which, along with a laptop, is why I don't have one too. However, if you'd seen all she has to manage and that she does have the discipline to use one you'd see that it does make it worthwhile.

Thanks for the idea. I actually hadn't thought of them.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    I got to play with a Palm Tungsten W early this year, and I have to say I was very impressed with its intuitiveness, power, display, and capability. I have no idea how it compares to other high-end PDAs however.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    The Dell PDA's aren't very good in general. HP have some good ones but to be honest I'd ask this question on a dedicated PDA forum as they tend to eat, sleep and dream PDAs there, plus the site they are normally on tends to have reviews of most.

i.e.
    http://www.brighthand.com
    http://www.pdastreet.com

Those are two good sites to read about the different PDAs and such (I did a lot before buying the different ones I had/have).