SM9 - Irocntic9 update

Lord_NightLord_Night Piqua Ohio
edited November 2005 in Folding@Home
Well it would seem as though SM 9 is running rather well now.

last time it failed I took it all apart again, and redid the case stand offs with some different ones. also took a look at each and every part,
found a cold solder joint on the motherboard that I solderd back together. and as for now it has ran several weeks with no problem.. so I may have fixed the lil stinker....

I know I still have to send the contract off I am working on that so dont freak out on me....

I'll have to take some pictures and put em up here for you all to see.

Lord_Night
SM9 - keeper

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Good work mate! Resoldering the motherboard, that's dedication! (I probably would have taken the easy way out and sacrificed some woodland creature in a bizarre, overcomplicated ritual - just to flash the BIOS)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Awesome work, and great team dedication, Lord_Night.

It seems that SM9 definitely fell into the right hands! :thumbsup:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Glad to hear it's running again.
    Lord_Night wrote:
    I still have to send the contract off I am working on that so dont freak out on me....
    Working on it? It's a little box and a signature... :skeptic:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2005
    Let me clarify the situation a little bit.

SM9 has had recurring problems since deployment. Twice, the SMx Committee suggested it be returned for further testing and reevaluation. Both times the eventual reply was that it had been fixed. After this third incident, the Committee, in unequivocal terms, demanded the return of the machine for testing and offered prompt reimbursement for shipping (this should not be construed even as a vote of no confidence - we simply want the machine back to resolve the technical issues once and for all). The reply was that he did not have sufficient funds ($10) and was sick. Four weeks later, this, with a note that he still has not mailed in the official contract.

I do respect the amount of time that he has spent on troubleshooting and the variety of solutions he has employed to resolve problems. He has certainly exceeded my personal technical ability. However, I would be more impressed by rapidly resolving this disconnect between requests and actions.