Sound input/output problem (Vinyl AC´97)

zakalwezakalwe Estonia New
edited December 2005 in Hardware
Again can't figure out my computer's personal problems...

The point: I have a K8T800-8237 motherboard (Via chipset K8T800-VT8383; Southbridge VT 8237) - not that I know if those numbers are important, but probably the more info, the easier to help.
Attached to it is Vinyl AC'97 Audio (I guess it is an integrated audio device, full duplex), and they are in AC or Arcting Cooling (don't ask for numbers) case. The case has front and rear sound inputs/outputs. The point is that I use mostly the rear ones (attached to a CD stereo system for output and guitar/processor as input), and they work fine. The front ones, on the other hand, refuse to produce or take in any sound. First I thought front/rear ones can't be used parallely, but now I know the front ones just don't work. Can it be a software/settings problem (a checkmark missing somewhere?) or are there loose wires inside?
Front and rear USB ports work fine, however, even parallely...so I guess the problem is not that the front input/output panel just stands there for beauty or something.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
zak.

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Are they even connected?
  • zakalwezakalwe Estonia New
    edited December 2005
    Enverex wrote:
    Are they even connected?

Are what connected to what?
    Front and rear inputs/outputs? Front inputs/outputs to motherboard?
    Well, I have no idea. When I last opened the case (to put another HDD in), I didn't check any other wires...
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Yes, are the front audio connectors actually connected to the corresponding outputs on the soundcard/motherboard-output. I'd check to see if they are actually connected to the right thing or anything at all before messing about with software, chances are they aren't connected to anything.
  • zakalwezakalwe Estonia New
    edited December 2005
    Thanks,
    I'll check IN the case then...one day...[sigh]

Well, dealing with computers on daily basis appearently has its benefits...like having your poor computer gutted on/under the table :)