Options

New PC freeze when trying to install Xp

edited December 2005 in Hardware
I just got everything for the PC i was making for my friend. At different parts, it would freeze. LIke Setup is checking your hardware configurations. Please wait. or on the blue screen where it starts to install Xp (corner left it says Windows Xp Pro). Before switching the ram It wouldnt get to the blue part. It would say inf file txtsetup.sif is corrupted or missing.

AND when it is on the blue screen part on the bottom it shows it scanning all these files, well it doesnt here.

Could someone give me some help.

Epox 8KDA3J
PNY Ram, 2x512 but using 256 right now
AMD 64 mobile 3200+
Hitachi Deskstar 80GB.
Old CD-Rom
GF FX 5500 256mb

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited December 2005
  • edited December 2005
    Im using ram from working PC's. Can it still be the memory?
  • edited December 2005
    Here is jsut the 256mb i pulled from the other pc

EDIT

I am testing the same ram in the other PC and it doesnt have Errors and all that stuff on the bottom, and its already exceeded %53 Pass Is it the mobo AGAIN???

dsc054669nk.jpg;D
    edited December 2005
    Relax the timings in the bios (set them all to max 3-4-4-8).

If that fails the cpu's cache could be bad or the motherboards bad.
  • edited December 2005
    Could you tell me what to look it looks like this one dsc054710bs.jpg
    edited December 2005
    set everything to its highest value (all but max mem clock)
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited December 2005
    If your still having problems, does your bios have a hardware monitor page? I'm wondering what the voltages look like. I've had a bad PSU cause memory errors.
  • edited December 2005
    This is a brand new PSU the Aspire ATX one. \I am guessing the board is bad b.c everytime i test different sticks of ram in this one it gives all that red scanning stuff and whenever i try the RAm i tried in this PC in another one it passed the test.