Help.. I need help.

AtticusAtticus Dryden, Ontario, Canada.
edited December 2005 in Hardware
Okay, heres the skinny. I've got my parts, minus a case all put together on my desk. This is what i've got

Athlon X2 3800+
Gigabyte Pro-SLI
Gigabyte 7800 GT
2 x 512 Corsair TWINX
36GB WD Raptor
Silverstone 650W power supply.

Heres the problem. I've connected my CD burner from my old comp to my new setup and it works fine, no problems. So i boot from CD and get through the first portion of the install to the restart. I have my boot order at HDD, CD, Floppy. After the restart it goes straight to the start of Windows Setup. I looked at the gigabyte manual and realized i had my drive plugged into sata1 so i switched it to sata0 even though i'm not sure it would make any difference. I tried the install again, and same thing. Is it possible that the dual bios is kicking it to CD instead of my raptor or is there a problem elsewhere?

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2005
    Are you hitting F6 to load the SATA drivers when you first begin the installation? Look for a message at the bottom of the screen right after Setup begins. :)
  • AtticusAtticus Dryden, Ontario, Canada.
    edited December 2005
    Is that for SATA drivers or RAID drivers or is there even a difference? I was thinking of doing that but i wasn't sure if that would do it for the SATA end of things. I'll give that a shot and cry for help if i still cant get it going. ;)
    edited December 2005
    Okay.. It says i've chosen to configure a SCSI Adapter with the disk provided by my the adapter manufacturer. Sell the SCSI adapter i want or ESC for previous. Okay, my choices:

NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER (required)
    NVIDIA NForce Storage Controller (required)

So i pick the first one. the next screen says Setup will load support for the following mass storage.
    NVIDA RAID .....
    Press S to ues the device support disk from the mass storage device manufacturer.
    If i dont have any support disks or dont want to specify additional mass storage devices, press ENTER

So i hit S and get the disk loaded. Next screen

I have chosen to configure using a support disk. So it asks me select from the two again, i chose the raid class driver.

"Windows already has a driver that you can use fro "NNVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER (required)" Unless the manufacturer prefers that you use the driver on the floppy disk, you should use the driver in Windows.

Now, these drivers are the ones i got from the Gigabyte website. It comes in a little package that installs itself onto a floppy. I've tried using the windows drivers, its doesn't work.
    edited December 2005
    Try disabling RAID in the BIOS. If it's currently disabled, try enabling it.

Is this the K8N board?
    edited December 2005
    Thank you sir, it worked wonderfully. It is a K8N board, i've had no further troubles getting it working. Thanks again, appreciate it. :thumbsup:
    edited December 2005
    Excellent! :D