SiSandra lite 2005 update problem

edited December 2005 in Hardware
I just updated my SiSandra lite program to the latest edition using the update function inside the program. Now my Windows XP does not want to boot from my HDD. I am afraid to boot it from CD because it appears to be reinstalling my windows software. I checked my BIOS and made sure that my HDD was the first drive to boot. I would like to come out of this debacle with all my data intact!

Has anyone ever encountered this problem?
Im in college. I have finals on monday. I need this computer!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2005
    Can you get into Safe Mode? Try tapping F8 when you first turn the computer on and select it from the list using the up/down arrows.

Let us know what happens and we'll go from there. :)
  • edited December 2005
    I cant get into safe mode. I tried to boot from my Windows XP cd, but that didnt work. I checked the Boot cfg command and told it to scan my HDD, it said there were "unrecoverable errors." Is it possible to hook my HDD to another computer and recover my data before I reformat and reload everything?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2005
    I cant get into safe mode. I tried to boot from my Windows XP cd, but that didnt work. I checked the Boot cfg command and told it to scan my HDD, it said there were "unrecoverable errors."
    Sounds like a dying drive. :(

Run the diagnostic test from your HD manufacturer and see what it says. Write down any error codes it gives you.
    Is it possible to hook my HDD to another computer and recover my data before I reformat and reload everything?
    If the drive will still run at all it's worth a shot. Reformatting and reloading isn't going to help if the drive is physically damaged, do what I mentioned above first. :)