Getting a new card...

Krypto44Krypto44 westport
edited December 2005 in Hardware
Im really looking to upgrade my card. Currently, i have a Radeon 9600 atlantis. I was thinking about getting an x700? I play World of Warcraft and am really looking to get a good card.

However, i dont want to spend a ton of money like $200+.... any thoughts are most appreciated :thumbsup:

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    << selling a 6600GT for 100 bucks excellent deal!
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    For under $150 you can also move up to an X800/800GT/822GTO. On the GTO's make sure it is a 256 bit memory interface and not a 128 bit. The X700/X700Pro is a dog compared to the 6600Gt and all the X800 cards. You didn't specify if you need AGP or PCIe.
  • Krypto44Krypto44 westport
    edited December 2005
    Oh, i need AGP
    edited December 2005
    Krypto44 wrote:
    Oh, i need AGP
    Darn, the less expesive cards are PCIe.

Is this SAPPHIRE 100136L Radeon X800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card for $169 too much? It's a very good card with the possibility of also unlocking the 4 extra pipes as well as a bump in speed to make it an X800XL. Otherwise it looks like Gnome's deal is the best bet unless you want NIB.
  • Krypto44Krypto44 westport
    edited December 2005
    Im dont really want to overclock since i dont know a whole lot about comps... knowing that, would the 6600gt be better? or would the X800GT be?
    edited December 2005
    Krypto44 wrote:
    Im dont really want to overclock since i dont know a whole lot about comps... knowing that, would the 6600gt be better? or would the X800GT be?
    The X800GT is still a faster card as well as having 2X the memory bandwidth, which counts for even a whole lot more.

I also stand corrected on the pipes on the X800GT as it only has 8 and not 12.
    edited December 2005
    just to let u know the 6600gt i am selling is in the deal depot and trader section
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited December 2005
    I would definitely go with the 6600gt from Gnomewizardd. He's a great trader, and for only $100 thats a great card. :thumbsup:
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    I would definitely go with the 6600gt from Gnomewizardd. He's a great trader, and for only $100 thats a great card. :thumbsup:
    I second that. And for the most part he takes care of his equipment ...until he sneezes! ;D j/k

He's a great trader! :thumbsup:
    edited December 2005
    csimon wrote:
    I second that. And for the most part he takes care of his equipment ...until he sneezes! ;D j/k

He's a great trader! :thumbsup:

Oh jeesh! Had to bring up the mobo I nicked with the screwedriver because I sneezed. THANKS :thumbsup: