Getting a new LCD for Christmas

pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
edited December 2005 in Hardware
I'm looking to get a new LCD for Christmas along with a new sata HD (Or at least convince my parents to get me one). I've narrowed it down to these two-

Hyundai L90D+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824179014

Viewsonic 1912wb
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116373

I guess the only real difference is widescreen for the viewsonic. I can't seem to find any reviews but the Hyundai is reviewed quite well (As is the lower non-DVi version of that monitor). Any experiences with either one or experiences with widescreen vs. regular??

Comments

• RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited December 2005
    I have the Hyundain L90D+ and it looks amazing. While I cannot speak for widescreen, I can say this monitor is well worth the price. If you look through the newegg reviews then you will see that there is what seemed to be a bad batch of monitors(right when i purchased one) that developed a problem that would cause numerous vertical lines to appear on the screen, and Hyundai's support(or lack there-of) was horrible. I havent experienced one problem with it yet. Only negative thing that i see is that the max resolution is 1280x1024 but thats to be expected from a LCD. Maybe you can get someone elses opinion on that viewsonic. I give the Hyundai monitor a 10/10.
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited December 2005
    World's First ANTI-THEFT, all it does is it send you to a website, register your monitor and put a pin number, and the monitor will also remember it. So everytime the monitor get disconnected, and once you plug it back on your computer or someone else, you have to input your pin number you created. I think it's nice feature.

That's awesome!!!

If money wasn't an issue (boy if that were the case... :p), I'd go with the Hyundai. It has far more positive reviews, and it just plain looks better.