Cache for cpu doesnt show up right

edited December 2005 in Hardware
Ive just got a amd x2 4400 and overclocked it to a 4800 and it runs around 35-40oc and 30-35 orig. but on 3d mark:

Manufacturer AMD
Family AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
Architecture 64-bit
Internal Clock 2.4 GHz
Internal Clock Maximum 3.7 GHz <-- shouldnt it be 4.8ghz?
External Clock 219.0 MHz
Socket Designation Socket 939
HyperThreadingTechnology Available - 2 Logical Processors
Caches
Level 1 128 KB
Level 2 1 MB

My cache for 1 of the cores is only 128KB how can i fix this?

Comments

• edited December 2005
    The Level 1 cache is the 1st cache your CPU looks to for instructions then it looks to level 2 then to system ram then finally to the hard drive.

The maximum clock is the theoretical limit of each core not the combined clock speed of both cores.

As far as I can tell everything looks to be right on the money.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited December 2005
    madmat is correct, all A64 based processors have 128KB of L1 cache per core. L1/L2 does not describe core1/core2, but rather different types of cache memory on the processor. L2 cache should be 1MB per core on that processor. That tool does not appear to indicate the cache on each core.

The information that tool is providing is not accurate. It also states that your AMD processor has two 'logical' processors running 'Hyper Threading'. This is for intel P4 HT processors only.

Pay no mind to the 'maximum internal clock' as that information is irrelevant and incorrect.

I would take a look at CPU-Z at www.cpuid.com as it will give you more acurate information.