Wanted: Cheap receiver/amp

2»

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2005
    Send me as much detail as you can provide and I'll help you look for them. I'm sure we could probably find a place online selling them at a cheap price. If not, I'd imagine that I could find them in Cleveland. :)
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited December 2005
    Awesome, thanks prof. I've been looking at Parts Express' website, but I can't find anything.

I need 2 "c4466" and 2 "a1693". They look kind of like these, but I'm not sure that's exactly what they are. At the bottom of all 4 is says "9DP"... don't know if that's necessary or not.
  • rykoryko new york
    edited December 2005
    i know you would rather fix your old reciever, but if it doesn't work out i have a RCA 2x100w stereo reciever that i would be willing to part with. $85 shipped. i would ask like $65, but this thing is heavy so shipping is going to be a lot. PM me if you want some pics or more info...
    edited December 2005
    "The specified product (reference 2SA1693) has just been removed from the catalog. Please return to the catalog and continue shopping. If you press the Refresh or Reload button on your browser, the removed products will no longer be visible in the catalog. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I'll probably order those other ones tomorrow, though. thanks!
  • edited December 2005
    That sucks, they were there last night and this morning.
  • edited December 2005
    http://www.bdent.com/search/part.jsp?partnum=2SA1693

http://www.bdent.com/search/part.jsp?partnum=2SC4466

Both in stock and both from the same place...

BTW, I can cross reference for an alternate part too should these be gone when you go to order them. God bless Google :)
    edited December 2005
    madmat, you are awesome! :rockon:
  • edited December 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    madmat, you are awesome! :rockon:

Thanks...I have no life so I've got a ton of free time ;)
    edited December 2005
    No life? What's a "life"? :scratch:;D
    edited December 2005
    Thanks madmat! I guess I'll be ordering 4 of each, since you need a $15 minimum. If I ever need to do this again, I'll be set, haha.
  • edited December 2005
    Or order 2 each and some solder and canned air and...
    edited December 2005
    Where'd you find all that? All I can see is different capacitors and diodes and whatnot.
  • edited December 2005
    My bad, I thought they carried a full range of electronics parts and supplies...

Go figure, you'd think they'd carry basic supplies as well.
  • edited December 2005
    Remember, the 2SC4466 is NPN and the 2SA1693 is PNP so look on the PCB for the p-n-p and n-p-n markings for the legs of each IC that you're placing in there as they won't take kindly to being put in the wrong polarity...not at all.
    edited December 2005
    Well, I've got the originals marked 1, 2, 3, 4 like you said, as well as the heatsink. So I should just be able to match up the two 4466 with the original two's places... correct?
  • edited December 2005
    Yep!!
  • edited January 2006
    Any luck finding the chips yet boss? I'm really interested to know how it goes.
    edited January 2006
    Not other than that one site. Look like I'll just have to cough up the extra money.
    edited January 2006
    WELL... after a long time of not bothering to order them, I'm finally going to. How does this site look? It seems kind of sketchy to me, but they have both parts in stock, and, well, no minimum charge.

http://www.cpcares.com/
  • edited January 2006
    Looks like it should work although I'd call and make certain they have it in stock first...
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    You mean that you never built a power amp from scratch?????????
    It is a right of passage.
    A beautiful class AB tube amp.
    Finding a transformer that was wound for +/-150V was a pain,
    But tubes at 500W is pure bliss. I had an Ampzilla, wish that I still had it.
    Of course then I would need the old AR speaker to go with it.........

If you need parts picked up in Milwaukee and sent to you let me know.
    ed
    edited February 2006
    FRICK EFF MOTHER OF GODDAMNIT!

All the wasted time! Sonuva f*ck.

I ordered them, and they finally came a week or three late. So now I was all excited to get them in and try this sucker out. WELL - it doesn't work. I got them soldered on perfectly (believe me, I took my time), got everything hooked up, did everything perfectly and it MOTHERTRUCKIN' BLEW. The fuse blew, when it should not have! Replacing these things should've fixed it.

Excuse me while I BEAT UP A KITTEN. So... frustrating...

Oh man. Ohhh-hoho. We have a five-day weekend that started today. Tonight we're supposed to get a huge blizzard. I'm going to set this thing outside overnight, let it soak in and blow itself to pieces (remember, the capacitors should technically be charged now, since I tried turning it on), then take a bat to this f*cker. If only Parnell Tower wasn't so far away, I think this would make a nice explosion of itty bitty useless goddamned electronics.
  • rykoryko new york
    edited February 2006
    please don't waste it....that enclosure would make a killer htpc case. what are the dimensions of it? it's weight?

seriously if you are going to trash it i might just take it off your hands. i would pay for shipping only since you are going to toss it though.