Oh No My Monitor!

edited December 2005 in Hardware
I have a KDS LCD monitor product number k717 and the screen went completely blank. i dont get anything if i press the menu button or the auto button. when i unplug the monitor from the power sourse or unplug it from the computer or even turn the monitor off then plug it back in or turn it on the display will show but only for less then a second. i have looked for any help on this problem on the KDS website but they dont have anything available! please help!!

Comments

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited December 2005
    Yikes, not sure what is going on there. If you can not get into the OSD (on screen display menu), it is likely a problem with the monitor itself. Just to be 100% sure, do you have another computer to try it on? or another monitor you can test your PC with? We need to rule out the video card. Is it a DVI or VGA monitor?
  • edited December 2005
    no i just tried it out on this computer and it does the same thing. heres all the info on the actual monitor http://www.kdsusa.com/K717s.asp
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited December 2005
    I'm afraid there is likely something wrong with an internal monitor component. Not much that can be done, with the exception of contacting KDS, and arranging an RMA. Most LCDs are not terribly 'user servicable' I'm afraid. Is your unit still under warranty?
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited December 2005
    sounds like the back light or the power inverter went out on it

with it on shine a brite light on the screen, and look at it frome the side, if you can some what see the desktop one of the above went out

their are some sites on the web sell the parts for them

just google LCD back lights