my lord of the rings, battle for middle earth won't work

13»

Comments

• edited June 2009
    My Battle for Middle Earth 1 works just fine on campaign and skirmish mode, but as soon as i click "multiplayer" followed by "online" not only does the game stop working my entire computer crashes. I've checked for updates many times and I have all the patches and still no luck. Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?!?!?!?!?!?! Thanks!
  • edited June 2010
    I tried to register but they said "CD key you entered is not valid......" Help ?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I tried to register but they said "CD key you entered is not valid......" Help ?
    It would seem that should try to re-enter the CD key, ensure that you have a valid CD key (meaning you purchased the game legitimately), and if those both seem to be in order, then contact EA support
  • edited June 2010
    I just recently tried to register for an online account with EA through my BFME2 game registration to play it online but it says that my CD key is invalid. Is there a way to fix this problem or is there a way to get an account with EA to play online without game registraton?
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    See:
    Tushon wrote:
    It would seem that should try to re-enter the CD key, ensure that you have a valid CD key (meaning you purchased the game legitimately), and if those both seem to be in order, then contact EA support
  • briman010briman010 BRISBANE QLD AUS
    edited August 2010
    My Game The Battle For Middle Earth is not working when i start to load the game the first screen that says "lord of the rings" appears but then crashes to the desktop again and comes up with The Battle For middle earth has stoped working
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: game.dat
    Application Version: 2.0.2462.25467
    Application Timestamp: 4544f210
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00037075
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 3081
    Additional Information 1: e2d5
    Additional Information 2: e2d5272e48c5a6845ff27e76d4db52c4
    Additional Information 3: a326
    Additional Information 4: a326cbda8b49bb427a04457ff5fd8fbc

My computer Has I have a is an ACER Windows 7 home eddition it has ATI RADEON PREMIUM GARAPHICS AND INTEL CORE I5
    CAN SOME BODDY PLEASE HELP ME GET THIS GAME STARTED? THANK YOU
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited August 2010
    Quoting Ajboi89 on the EA Forums...
    This fix is VERY difficult, but it works 100%.
    For those who are working on screens bigger than 1280 x 960:
    MUST HAVE FOLDER OPTIONS SET TO SHOW HIDDEN FILES
    Navigate:
    C:>Users>[login name]>AppData>Roaming>My Battle for Middle-earth (1, 2 or expansion) files

Now make a new .txt doc named options and enter this into it:
    AudioLOD = High
    HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
    IdealStaticGameLOD = High
    Resolution = 1024 768
    StaticGameLOD = High
    TimesInGame = 5
    and save as options.ini
    Then delete the .txt document and keep the new .ini.

Happy pwning!

Anymore Questions or Problems with BFME then here is a link to EA as MOST can't get the game to work under 7.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/40227.page

Good Luck.
  • edited September 2010
    I recently came across my old LOTR BFME 2 CD and installed it on my Windows XP computer. When i try to play the game i can get to the main screen and all but when the game tries to load the actual game interface it returns to desktop with an error message saying

game.dat has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I was wondering if this is happening do to my Video Card not being compatible.

My video card is a Nividia GForce4 MX Integrated GPU.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    That video card is not sufficient.
  • edited November 2010
    will an geforce mx 440 (64mb) card work with this game?

I install the game normaly.I try to open the game,i get the starting screen of bfme2 for some seconds and then the windows tell me the programe doesnt respond and i need to close it.My pc is new and the lame thing is that on my older pc 2 years ago it was working fine.My current pc has the following:
    Processor:Intel(R)Core(TM)i5 CPU 750@ 2,67GHz 2.66 GHz
    Ram:4GB ,32-bit System As far as grphic card i dont have a clue how to find its model in windows 7 but i am sure its new like the whole system
    edited November 2010
  • edited June 2011
    LOTRBTME 2

Before I go totaly insane can someone please help me!! I bought The Lord of the rings - Battle to Middle Earth 2 game and for some reason after I installed the game it says "insert correct CD-ROM"...BUT Y!!!! I really tried everything but I do not know what else to do! Please can someone help me before I lose my mind ..
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Is the CD scratched?
  • edited June 2011
    Jokke wrote:
    Is the CD scratched?
    No the CD is not scrached..I installed my friends LOTRBTME 2 CD and it did the same thing. Could it be that I'm running it on Windows 7? I did a compatibility test so the game is running on Windows XP serv pack 2...I downloaded the options.ini fix and replaced it woth the one under C/Users/Appdata/ Roaming, but it's still not working.
    :eek3:
    edited June 2011
    Through the wonderful magic that is Google...
    Re: [SOLVED] Battle For Middle Earth II
    i have a problem where i put in the disc, it starts running the loading screen but then it says i need 2 insert the correct disc. i have the collectors edition and before you ask...i DID make sure it was the game disc. any helpon this would be good so i can move onto the other problem windows 7 has with windows 7

And then...
    Re: [SOLVED] Battle For Middle Earth II
    wait never mind...it turns out that it was trying to run it in compatibility for xp. duno y it tried that
  • edited June 2011
    Troll ... I got the game to open and play but for some reason I can only play a skirmish game for xactly 3.3min and the I'm defeated!

I bought the original game so I can't see you it boms out! Do you have any other suggestions?

I really wana play this game, but I'm getting so frustrated!