Hard Disk Crash

edited December 2005 in Hardware
Hi im new here I have a serious problem, please help me out.

Yesterday I was running windows xp home I heard the hard drive click and shutdown. I try and reboot and i get the error message: windows could not start because the following is missing or corrupt \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.

I have no acsess to safe mode only BIOS options ive tried using the windows CD and the repair mode. Ive tried 'last known settings that work', ive tried reducing the power load(removing the neon and fan) ive tried removing one of my two DDR sticks.

Sorry if this threads been done before its just my works on that disk i need it big time and i need battlefield 2 for the festive break.

My spec is:
Asus A8N-SLI
Nvidia Geforce 6600gt PCI-E
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
1 DDR 400, 1 DDR 333.
Maxtor 80gb 6Y080M0

Please help im running out of ideas thanks

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited December 2005
    do you have another hard drive lying around?
  • edited December 2005
    Yes IDE 120gb its in my other comp I wont have it for long im giving it to my brother. Do you think its goosed?
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited December 2005
    well you might wanna take it and install windows on it and slave the broken drive to get off any information you might need

i would try using the drive that broke again but if it happens again, RMA ( if still under warranty ) and get a new one.
  • edited December 2005
    Ok ive put the hard drive in my old comp and it shows up fine. Im running check disk now are there any other tools or utilities that can solve the problem?