Well I think it is safe to say!

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited December 2005 in Folding@Home
I think it is safe to say all my server comps have gone down at work. I won't have them up and running until tomorrow! : "22 CPU's" sorry for the bad scores that last 2 days :(

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited December 2005
    QUICK! gain on him!
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    :) fixed :) they all crashed over the week of vacation :(
  • TroganTrogan London, UK
    edited December 2005
    Goody good :D

I've also added 3 family computers to my name.

One of them is a P4 but F@H is only using 50% of the CPU while the other 50% is used by SIP. I'm guessing it has HT enabled? I can't do anything now as I won't see the computer for some time but how would I enable HT - through the BIOS?
    Anyway, the computer is folding :D

Sorry for hijacking your thread sledge :)
    edited December 2005
    Hijacking's are deeply appricated... :)
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Goody good :D

I've also added 3 family computers to my name.

One of them is a P4 but F@H is only using 50% of the CPU while the other 50% is used by SIP. I'm guessing it has HT enabled? I can't do anything now as I won't see the computer for some time but how would I enable HT - through the BIOS?
    Anyway, the computer is folding :D

Sorry for hijacking your thread sledge :)

On my Asus board, the P4 HT is auto-enabled and says so at boot. No enabling option, the BIOS just chose it for me (correctly, I might add, for both boxes, and XP shows two CPU's while Linux just uses HT).

But yes, look in BIOS or for a BIOS update if the boot sequence does not say hyperthreading enabled like my two Asus boards do as they complete posting and sense devices for storage.
    edited December 2005
    Thanks for the info, John. I probably won't go into the BIOS as my uncle doesn't like anyone messing with the computer but I will check for signs at bootup.

So, how can I get the other 50% to fold without messing around to much?

• edited December 2005
    If HT is enabled and the task manager is showing 50% usage, the processor is physically being used 100% (the other 50% is the virtual processor). Unless the machine is a dedicated folding box, I wouldn't recommend running 2 clients where it will show 100% cpu usage as it might slow down other tasks, especially if it's doing QMD work or gets 2 bigWU units.
    edited December 2005
    Thanks Mudd. Its not a dedicated folding box so I won't do anything to it BUT it is on 24/7 :D
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited December 2005
    Better add some more computers and keep them running, Sledgehammer, I'm right behind you!:vimp:
    edited December 2005
    My comps were down for 2 days, so I will be on the run once again :) lol I have to many comps I need to build still... so they are coming :)