Where's me points?

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited January 2006 in Folding@Home
Both PCs have recently finished 600 point WUs. One at 13:20 yesterday and the other at 21:00. My points have been udated 12 hours ago by 600 but where are the other 600? The log shows both sets of results were sent ok.

Comments

• DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2006
    Was the problem with Stanford's stats? I've noticed that EOC stats haven't updated today.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2006
    Ah, cheers Donut. That may be it. I only check it on EOC.
    Edit - Wonderful. It must be EOC, the points are there at Stanford.
    edited January 2006
    I lost some more. I wanted to turn folding off to see if it made a differance to my gaming. It was around 30% through another 600 pointer.I opened task manager, found folding, end process, and played my game. After gaming I looked to see how I restart folding, I wasn't sure as I never turn it off. It had restarted its self as soon as I'd stopped it but had started a new WU.
    So new noob question, how do I pause folding then restart where it left off?
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2006
    Ctrl-c will shut down the client gracefully.
    edited January 2006
    I thought ctrl-c was copy? but how do I restart it without having to reboot?
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2006
    Which client are you using?

The Graphical client you just right click on the icon in your system tray.(to quit) I usually restart by going into my startup folder and click on folding there.

The console client, (not as a service) I start by using shortcuts on my desktop, when it is running I see the windows (or dock them using Tray-it) and can shut them down using Ctrl-c.

To shut it down as a service I'd have to do a little looking, as I haven't done it.

Errors with the clients have been reported if you try to pause the client for to long.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    If you are running the client as a service, you should be able to start and stop the service from
    Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services
    Find the folding service in the list and right click on it for options: start, stop, pause, etc.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited January 2006
    GHoosdum wrote:
    If you are running the client as a service, you should be able to start and stop the service from
    Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services
    Find the folding service in the list and right click on it for options: start, stop, pause, etc.
    Yup, that's what I do. Works great :thumbsup:

Is there a way to make a script to toggle pause on a service? Just to make it a one-click sort of thing?